EAT, SLEEP, RIDE, REPEAT and LIVE LIKE A LOCAL!
A HORSE-RIDING EXPERIENCE IN SOUTH AFRICA, WHERE HORSES ARE A WAY OF LIFE...
Bring along your spirit of adventure and a love of great outdoors and escape to our horse filled life in South Africa. Our horses are much loved; they are a mixture of Arab, Boerperd, Thoroughbred and Percheron crosses that are perfect for trail riding. You will be delighted by how gentle, well trained and friendly they are! The trail team is kept endurance fit to be able to complete our adventure trails along the coast, while our younger horses are brought on carefully with ground work and schooling.
Understanding and practicing the principles of holistic horse care of horses that live out all year round in the African bush.
• Daily care of the horses including grooming and feeding
• Cleaning tack and equipment
• Introduction to barefoot trimming, riding and management
• Our horses all live out, so there are no stables to muck out, but you may be asked to occasionally help out with poo picking in the stalls!
• We do extensive ground work with our horses
• Exercising & schooling horses in basic flat work & jumping
• Fitness training, exercise & care of the horses
• Assisting and taking out local holiday makers on beginner and more advanced out rides in Kei Mouth & Morgan Bay•
Our horses live out 24/7 in paddocks situated at the Kei Mouth Country Club about 2.5km from where we live. We go to the yard everyday at 8am, and bring the horses in for feeding, grooming and checking. The rest of the morning is spent riding and schooling the horses or taking out any beach rides that are booked. After lunch rides depend on how hot it is and in winter, we need to be back before the sunsets. The horses are fed again in the afternoon and turned out for the night.
Want more information?
Chat to riders who have been to us https://www.facebook.com/groups/wildcoasthorses/
Find all the great photos https://www.facebook.com/Wild.Coast.Horse.Riding.Adventures