Cancellation Policy amendment for Covid 19
• The 25% booking confirmation deposit is payable within 7 days of booking to confirm the riding holiday - it is non-refundable.
• All bookings must be paid 14 days before start of trail.
• If a booking is made within the 14 day period, the full amount is payable.
• No refunds will be given once payment has been made.
• No refunds will be given if client departs early for any reason.
• Should a client, due to unforeseen circumstance (sickness or injury) or COVID 19 travel regulations, not be able to travel (proof will be required) and not be able to make the dates that they booked, we will assist as best as we can to reschedule their riding holiday to another date that suits both parties.
COVID-19 CANCELATION AND PAYMENT TERMS. Deposits and payments are still payable on the due dates as stated on invoice. Should you have to cancel your reservation due to Covid-19 related illness or travel restrictions, we will convert payments made to a voucher valid for 12 months to be used against future trail bookings. Failure to inform us of Covid-19 related illness or travel restriction 48 hours prior to arrival date = your payments will be forfeited and is none refundable.
The cost of your holiday
Wild Coast Horse Trails reserves the right to increase or decrease the prices previously quoted for holiday arrangements before a booking is confirmed. External factors beyond our control may affect the holiday costs such as accommodation tariff increases, taxes (e.g. VAT), exchange rate fluctuations etc. A booking is only confirmed once a deposit has been received.
Riding horses, and outdoor activities always represents an amount of risk. Therefore, for your own benefit and ours we have made participation in our adventures, trails & safaris subject to you taking out a suitable travel insurance covering you for medical expenses, injury, evacuation and liability for the entire duration of your trip. When booking you confirm that such insurance will be in place. Please make sure that no exclusion clauses limit protection for the type of activities included in your holiday.
Please note: In the unlikely event of you having to go to hospital during your stay with us, the local private hospitals may have delays in accepting overseas medical insurance. You will be required to pay a deposit within 24 hours or be transferred to a government facility. Please ensure that you travel with a valid credit card – this is the most effective way of paying for your treatment, and it is easy for your family/insurance to transfer money to cover your medical treatment. It also gives your insurance company time to contact the hospital and guarantee payments etc.
Whilst riding or in the vicinity of horses in the care of the operator or guide of your trip you must comply with the instructions of that person. You accept that the aforementioned operator or guide is entitled to require you to dismount or to refuse to allow you to ride if for any reason they consider that you may endanger the safety or welfare of any person or horses. If so required you have no claim and will not be entitled to any compensation or refund.
You understand and accept that you will be required to sign our standard “liability waiver” on arrival. A copy of our indemnity form is found on this web site or we can send you one by email.
All possible disputes arising from our terms and conditions are subject to South African Law and any hearing of cases will take place in a South African Court of Law.
· Prices quoted exclude flights to and from South Africa & internal flight to East London (SA) as well as transfers to Kei Mouth.
· There is an ATM machines at the local shop to draw cash (master/visa card). You will generally only need money for curios, drinks at the bar and gratuities and a day trips including a Big 5 game drive.
· Unless otherwise stated road transfers from the airport to and from the Wild Coast resorts are charge separately.
· Unless otherwise stated includes all meals, accommodation, horse riding and equipment, the service of a experienced guide, and a back up vehicle to transfer your luggage from point to point.
· Drinks and alcoholic beverages are to be paid separately; we do however provide water bottles for the saddle bags.
· Our clients on overnight trails do not lift a finger; unless of course they choose to and they are welcome to help out with the horses.
· Novice riders can be catered for by prior arrangement and on separate dates unless booking as a single group.
· The riding is paced according to the rider’s abilities. Generally walking along cattle paths and cliff tops, long trots and canters on sandy tracks, with fast canters and an occasional gallop along the beaches.
· Riders must be comfortable in a rising trot and light seat standing canter.
· We generally ride 2 to 3 hours in the morning and again 1 ½ to 2 hours in the afternoon, depending on the weather, sea tides and what the riders can manage. Sometimes it is a little shorter, and sometimes a little longer.
· Our horses are relaxed, easy to ride, fit and forward going, most have snaffle mouths; we ride in Liversage trail & endurance saddles.
· The horses are a selection of Boerperd, Part Arab, Anglo Arab, TB, Percheron crosses. They stand between 14.2 hh and 16 hh. The average being 15.2 hh
· Riders over 95 kg can be accommodated, however the riders will be required to alternate their riding between two horses while on longer trails. This is at the guide’s discretion and is judged on rider fitness and riding experience.
· We normally have 2 to 8 riders per trail which may include riders who are with us on our work rider program.
· Groups can be accommodated on private trails- minimum 4 riders maximum 12 riders (riding clubs, family groups and friends). A private trail supplement is payable if there are less than 4 riders.
· Please note that there may be a surcharge on standard rates if the trail falls into peak & high season. Price will be confirmed when booking.
· All trails must be paid in full before the client arrives.
· Payment must be made in South African Rands
· All confirmed bookings with deposits received will be honoured at the quoted rate.
· Wild Coast Horse Trails reserves the right to increase or decrease the prices previously quoted for holiday arrangements before a booking is confirmed. External factors beyond our control may affect the holiday costs such as accommodation tariff increases, taxes (e.g. VAT), exchange rate fluctuations etc.
· We will endeavour to keep to the ride itinerary as stated, but factors beyond our control (especially the weather & sea tides!) could mean that we have to make alternative accommodation arrangements, or change the ride plan on any given day. Whatever happens, you our client will still get a great riding holiday!
· All persons, when mounted must wear protective head gear.
· We recommend that you bring your own protective riding hats; we have a selection available if you do not have one.
· We also recommend that riders wear long riding boots or short boots with half chaps to prevent chaffing on the legs.
· In the interest of general safety, the guide’s decision in any given situation is final as the well being of the horses and riders is paramount.